We’re looking for someone who is passionate about communicating TWLOHA’s message of hope and help. TWLOHA started with a story posted on MySpace back in 2006, so storytelling has always been a huge part of our mission. The TWLOHA voice is conversational, honest, hopeful, and poetic. We value great writing. We live in a world that is both heavy and light and our communication reflects that. We’re looking for someone who knows and loves writing and editing, someone who understands the essentials of moving people with words.
The Copywriter position is responsible for the following:
- Brainstorm and write on behalf of TWLOHA for newsletters, blogs, social media, website content, annual reports, etc.
- Maintain TWLOHA’s voice and brand values across all platforms and mediums
- Work with various staff to develop and capture program content and impact
- Recruit contributors and edit blog posts for TWLOHA’s blog
- Write and edit external TWLOHA communications including press releases, info cards, and printed assets
- Drive the creation of original concepts and content that communicate the mission, values, and vision of TWLOHA
- Collaborate with Director of Sales and Social Media and Communication Manager to promote campaigns and newly released TWLOHA merch
- Moderate ongoing conversations with supporters through comments and direct messages
- Work with the Creative Team to deliver shareable web content and graphics
- Assist Social Media + Communication Manager with postings
Required Experience and Skills:
- Writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy in both long and short form
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized with a meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Love of and feel for language
- Experience writing for multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Self-starter with a flexible, collaborative spirit
- Sprout Social or other social media management platforms
- The position is full-time: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday. It will involve night, weekend, and holiday work when necessary.
- We’re looking for someone to join our team in Melbourne, Florida. The position is not available remotely.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with a minimum of two years of experience in a relevant field.
- This position may require some national travel with occasional in-state (FL) travel for events.
- A compensation package will be offered to candidates after review of their application.
How to Apply
TWLOHA is currently accepting applications. The application requires a cover letter, resume, portfolio and video application. A completed application should be emailed to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Cover Letter: Please include your cover letter in the body of your email submission. The subject of your email should reflect the position you’re applying for. A link to your video application should be included in your cover letter. Please also include a link to your social media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Resume: Please attach your resume as a PDF and name it in the following format: Firstname_Lastname.PDF
- Video: Each applicant will be required to submit a short 1-3 minute video. The video should address and answer the following:
- Why do you connect with the mission of TWLOHA?
- Briefly describe your experience in copywriting and editing, as well as any digital or social media management experience.
- Share a story that has changed your life and tell us why.
- What’s your biggest fear and greatest dream?
- Why do you think you would be a good addition to the TWLOHA team?
The video should be uploaded to YouTube and shared with TWLOHA. You may keep your video private, but make sure firstname.lastname@example.org can view it.
Once you have applied, you will be contacted if we need any additional information. You may not receive a response right away.
Desired Start Date: ASAP
This listing will be removed when the position is filled.