We’re looking for someone who both believes deeply in TWLOHA’s message of hope and help and is eager to add their creativity to the unique work we do. Design is a significant part of TWLOHA’s history, going back to the very first “Title” shirt, which was created back in 2006. TWLOHA is looking to add a graphic designer to the team. This new hire will work closely with our creative team, especially our Creative Director, to conceptualize and create everything from web and print communications to promotional and merchandise design.
This position plays a crucial role in maintaining the look and feel of the TWLOHA brand and mission, with room to introduce new aesthetics and energy. We love dreamers.
We are looking for a skilled graphic designer who is willing to learn and be challenged.
- Creating images for social media, blogs, merchandise promotion, fundraising, events, and other program needs which includes designs that integrate typography and digital art, gifs, etc.
- Use of photography and videography when needed.
- Creating new apparel designs for TWLOHA merch, including but not limited to T-shirts, sweatshirts, accessories, and printed materials.
- Capturing product and promotional photos for new merchandise.
- Executing marketing deliverables for program materials, including the High School program, MOVE, UChapters, Intern Program, fundraising campaigns, events, and the FIND HELP Tool.
- This may include but is not limited to the digital needs, such as social promotions and partnership requests, printed needs for physical assets and activations, and using photography and videography when needed.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working in Adobe’s Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in both print and web / social media design
- Digital portfolio showcasing exceptional web and branding work
- A strong self-starter with a dedicated work ethic
- Solid typography aptitude
- High attention to detail
- Humility in design work, and the ability to be flexible with regards to feedback
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with hand-lettering
- Proficiency with DSLR photography
- Video filming and editing
- Experience with motion graphics
The position is full-time: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday located at our Headquarters in Melbourne, FL, but might be open for remote availability. Some night, weekend, and holiday work may be involved when necessary.
A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with a minimum of three years of experience in a relevant field.
A compensation and benefits package will be offered to candidates after the review of their application. Employee benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Optional Dental and Aflac
- 401k Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for Mental Health Care
- Vacation Days
- Personal, Sick, and Earned Time Off
- Flexible Friday hours
- Four-Week Sabbatical (for every two years of employment)
How to Apply:
TWLOHA is currently accepting applications. The application requires a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and video application. A completed application should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: “Graphic Designer – [First Name Last Name].”. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Cover Letter: Please include your cover letter in the body of your email submission. The subject of your email should reflect the position you’re applying for. A link to your video application should be included in your cover letter.
- Resume: Please attach your resume as a PDF and name it in the following format: Firstname_Lastname.PDF
- Portfolio: Please attach a digital portfolio. If the file is over 5mb please provide a link.
- Video: Each applicant will be required to submit a short 3-5 minute video. The video should address and answer the following:
- Why do you connect with the mission of TWLOHA?
- Briefly describe your previous experience creating branded materials and assets.
- What’s one project or design you are most proud of and why?
- What’s your favorite aspect or thing to design?
- What’s your biggest fear and greatest dream?
- Why do you think you would be a good addition to the TWLOHA team?
The video should be uploaded to YouTube and shared with TWLOHA. You may keep your video private, but make sure firstname.lastname@example.org can view it.
If you have any questions about completing the application process, please email email@example.com. Once you have applied, you will be contacted if we need any additional information.
This listing will be removed when the position is filled.