Social Media + Communication Manager
TWLOHA started as a story posted on MySpace back in 2006, so writing and social media are an extremely important part of our work. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about communicating TWLOHA’s message of hope and help online.
The TWLOHA voice is conversational, honest, hopeful, and poetic. We live in a world that is both heavy and light, and our communication reflects that. We’re looking for someone who lives online, someone who knows and loves social media, and someone who understands the essentials of shareable content. We’re looking for someone who can manage our brand across all platforms.
You’re the ideal candidate if you consider yourself a storyteller in 140 characters or less, you’re tech savvy, you’re an honest and positive communicator, and you have a knack for curating inspiring and clear content.
- Maintaining TWLOHA’s voice and brand across all online and social media platforms through collaboration with our Communication Team; this includes our Chief Marketing Officer, Art Director, and Editor
- Providing strategic social media oversight in all stages of planning, scheduling, and posting
- Leading our newsletter strategy and implementation in collaboration with our Editor
- Guiding and executing our communication strategy to ensure consistent messaging across our social media platforms, website, blog posts, and newsletters
- Monitoring website traffic and social media analytics and insights reported to the CMO
- Collaborating with the Communication Team to promote newly released TWLOHA merch and campaigns
- Moderating ongoing conversation with supporters through comments and direct messages
- Working with creative team to deliver shareable web content and graphics
- Managing a social media intern to assist in ongoing tasks
- Maintaining TWLOHA.com for general maintenance and upcoming event promotion
Required Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will:
- Be comfortable discussing mental health with sensitivity to those struggling
- Be a self-starter with a flexible, collaborative spirit
- Have experience managing multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Excel in creating, writing and editing content
- Have basic working knowledge of email marketing platforms, including the Segmentation and Automation Processes
- Recommended Experience with the following programs:
- Buffer or SproutSocial
- Adobe Creative Suite experience, especially Photoshop
- The position is full-time (40 hours/week). It will involve some additional night, weekend, and holiday work. The Social Media + Communication Manager will also be required to be available in response to significant current events.
- You must be willing to relocate to Melbourne, Florida, for this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with a minimum of two years of experience in a relevant field.
- This position will likely require some national travel with occasional in-state (FL) travel for events.
- We will offer a compensation package with benefits to a candidate after review of their application.
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications. Candidates must submit an online application, resume, and video. We suggest starting with your video first.
- Video: Each applicant will be required to submit a short 1-3 minute video. You will submit your video link within your online application. It is recommended you complete your video first before applying. The video should answer the following:
- Why do you connect with the mission of TWLOHA?
- Briefly describe your experience engaging and managing communities in online platforms or through social media.
- What was the most surprising thing that’s ever happened to you because of social media?
- What’s your biggest fear and greatest dream?
The video should be uploaded to YouTube and shared with email@example.com. You may keep your video private, but make sure we can view it.
- Online Application: Please complete this online application. You will need your video link to submit this application.
- Resume: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF attachment. No cover letter is needed. Please use the subject line: First Name Last Name: Social Media Application
Please be patient as we have a large volume of applications to review. You may not receive a response right away.