We want to live in a world where it’s OK to talk about mental health and to ask for help. We hear all too often that the road to getting help can be full of roadblocks and challenges. That’s why we created the Treatment & Recovery Scholarship Program—to make it possible for you to get the help you deserve. If you are facing financial hardship, we want you to have access to the care you need.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Anyone may apply for the scholarship. Whether you live in the U.S or internationally, we can help. If you are under the age of 18, we require a guardian to complete the application on your behalf.
Scholarships typically offer, on average, three to six months of mental health care. And, because we know that mental health care is best delivered over time you may have the option for an extension. We typically fund individual therapy sessions at a rate of $65-$100 per session, but we will consider applications for group therapy and higher levels of care like intensive outpatient (IOP). Any additional cost of treatment is the applicant’s financial responsibility.
Please read the following information before applying:
- Scholarship funds are only paid directly to qualified mental health providers. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you look for providers who are licensed or working within a licensed facility.
- The application and award process is quickest when an applicant already has a provider selected. This means if you’re working with a therapist now, we encourage you to inform them about this scholarship opportunity. All providers will be required to complete their verification and billing portion of the application before we can issue an award and we know that alerting the provider ahead of time may speed up that process.
If you need help finding a provider, we recommend you check out our FIND HELP Tool or connect with our team ([email protected]) to see what options you may have for care. You can start your application without a provider but it will not be considered until a provider is listed.
- For those interested in exploring digital mental health care, we’re excited to share a digital support option through our partnership with Meru Health. (You’ll find additional details below.)
- Applications and awards for the Treatment & Recovery Scholarship Program are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We are currently accepting applications for people looking for support now through June 30, 2023.
- Finally, you might be asking, “how long will this process take?” Most applications that have a provider and billing contact listed can be approved between 2-3 weeks. If your provider is unresponsive when it comes to completing their portion of the process it can be delayed.
Before you Begin:
When you click APPLY you will be directed to our HIPAA-secure application portal. We strongly encourage you to gather the following information before starting. And please note: Although the application can be completed on a mobile device, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer for the best experience.
- Your provider’s name and contact information
- Your provider’s billing contact (this may be different than your therapist’s name)
- Your insurance card (if applicable)
There are three components to the online application process you will complete. This includes:
- Your application + statement of financial hardship
- Providing a HIPAA release of information statement to your mental health provider and billing contact
- Inviting your mental health provider and billing contact to complete their verification survey
Once you’ve submitted an application, our team will contact you directly. If you’re in need of support right now, we encourage you to reach out to our friends at Crisis Text Line. Simply text TWLOHA to 741741 to be connected to a trained crisis counselor for free, 24/7 support. You can also reach the National Suicide Prevention Helpline by dialing 988.
If you have questions about your application, special circumstances, or how to find a counselor, please read through the FIND HELP FAQ first. You can also send us an email at [email protected] with the subject line: “2023 Application Help – [Your Initials].”