Content + Copy Specialist
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about communicating TWLOHA’s message of hope and help. TWLOHA started with a story posted on Myspace back in 2006, so storytelling has always been a huge part of our mission. The TWLOHA voice is conversational, honest, hopeful, and poetic. We value great writing. We live in a world that is both heavy and light and our communication reflects that reality. We’re looking for someone who knows and loves writing and editing, someone who understands the essentials of moving people with words and is equipped to write about mental health from a professional yet personal perspective.
The Content + Copy Specialist position is responsible for the following:
Using written word to carry out the mission of presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide.
- Write for the voice of TWLOHA across all digital platforms and communications including newsletters, blog posts, social media, website copy, annual reports, press releases, and printed assets
- Work with multiple departments to develop and create program and campaign content
- Recruit contributors and edit blog posts for the TWLOHA.com blog
- Play an active role in content strategy, cohesiveness, and implementation
- Create relationships and collaborations with other content partners and media platforms to help spread TWLOHA’s message
- Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer and Social Media and Communication Manager to promote newly released TWLOHA merch
- Work closely with the Social Media and Communication Manager to ensure TWLOHA’s voice on social media platforms is consistent
- Provide additional support, collaboration, and strategic insight to the Communication team related to social media posting and scheduling
- Internal copywriting and editing on web content and graphics
Required Experience and Skills:
- Writing clear, concise, compelling, and grammatically correct copy in both long and short form
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides (especially AP Style)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized with a meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Love of and feel for language
- Experience using and writing for multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Self-starter with a flexible, collaborative spirit
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Sprout Social, and/or other social media management platforms
- The position is full-time: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday
- It will involve night, weekend, and holiday work when necessary.
- We’re looking for someone to join our team in Melbourne, Florida. The position is not available remotely.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, with a minimum of three years of experience in a relevant field or position.
- This position may require some national travel with occasional in-state (FL) travel for events.
- A compensation package including but not limited to health insurance and a 401k plan will be offered to candidates after review of their application.
How to Apply
TWLOHA is currently accepting applications. The application requires a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and video application. A completed application should be emailed to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Cover Letter: Please include your cover letter in the body of your email submission. The subject of your email should reflect the position you’re applying for. A link to your video application should be included in your cover letter. Please also include a link to your social media including Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Resume: Please attach your resume as a PDF and name it in the following format: Firstname_Lastname.PDF
- Portfolio: Provide no less than 10 writing samples or links to writing samples across various platforms and formats. In total, samples should include a minimum of 3 blog posts or personal narratives related to mental health. The additional samples should include content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), newsletters/e-mail communications, and web copy.
- Video: Each applicant will be required to submit a short 3-5 minute video. The video should address and answer the following:
- Why do you connect with the mission of TWLOHA?
- Briefly describe your experience in content, copywriting, editing, as well as any digital or social media management experience.
- Share a story that has changed your life and tell us why.
- How would you be uniquely positioned to help TWLOHA better fulfill our mission and vision in this role?
If you have any questions about completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have applied, you will be contacted if we need any additional information. You may not receive a response right away.
Desired Start Date: Fall 2020
This listing will be removed when the position is filled.