The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline provides 24/7, free, confidential support before, during, and after pregnancy by PSI (Postpartum Support International) trained operators.
Call or text: 1-833-943-5746 (1-833-9-HELP4MOMS)
Phone or text access to professional counselors
Real-time support and information
Response within a few minutes, 24/7
Culturally sensitive support
Counselors who speak English and Spanish
Interpreter services in 60 languages
The mission of Postpartum Support International is to promote awareness, prevention, and treatment of mental health issues related to childbearing in every country worldwide.
Help find local support
Online support groups with trained facilitators
Chats with an expert
Peer mentor programs
Training for professionals
The Helpline will give you basic information, encouragement, and find trained providers and resources. The PSI Helpline is not a crisis line and does not handle emergencies. You may leave a message and one of the Helpline volunteers will return your call or text within 24 hours.
#1 for English, #2 for Spanish
Text “HELP” to 800-944-4773
Text en Espanol: 971-203-7773
Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts: A Healing Guide to the Secret Fears of New Mothers
Karen Kleiman MSW, LCSW
This Isn’t What I Expected: Overcoming Postpartum Depression
Karen Kleiman MSW, LCSW & Valerie Davis Rasken, MD.
Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Perinatal Psychiatry Programs in the US
Many people struggling with moderate to severe perinatal mood and anxiety disorders may benefit from more frequent therapy and treatment than the typical weekly sessions. The programs listed provide daily or almost daily outpatient treatment. They all include psychotherapy and medication management. Many are parent-baby-friendly programs.
- El Camino Inpatient Psychiatric Care Women’s Speciality Unit
- Los Angeles – UCLA CA Resnick/Maternal Mental Health Program
- Mountain View – El Camino Hospital Maternal Outreach Mood Services (MOMS)
- Newport Beach – Hoag Hospital Maternal Mental Health Clinic
- Pasadena – Huntington Memorial Hospital Maternal Wellness Program
- San Diego – UC San Diego Maternal Mental Health Program
- Gainesville – Better Beginnings Mommy & Baby Day Program
- Grand Rapids – Pine Rest Mother and Baby Program
- Brooklyn Park – PrairieCare
- Eden Prairie – Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. Mother Baby Intensive Outpatient Program
- Minneapolis – Hennepin Mother-Baby Day Hospital
- Reno – Thrive Wellness Reno
- Manhattan – The Motherhood Center of New York
- Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk Counties – Perinatal Psychiatry Services at The Zucker Hillside Hospital and South Oaks Hospital
- Philadelphia – Drexel University Mother Baby Connections Intensive Outpatient Program
- Pittsburgh – Alexis Joy D’Achille Center for Women’s Behavioral Health at West Penn Hospital
- Providence – Women & Infants Day Hospital Program
- Riverton and Payson – Serenity Recovery and Wellness
- Salt Lake City – St. Marks Outpatient Perinatal Program
- South Jordan – Reach Counseling
Disclaimer: Although TWLOHA believes in the power of professional help, you are responsible for selecting the provider or treatment. TWLOHA cannot accept responsibility for any of the services provided by these or any other providers.